CF has adopted Promoting Women and Child Health as one of its programme in Healthcare. The shortage of critical medical equipment in maternal and childcare hospitals is a barrier to deliver quality health services. Under this programme, CF supports various hospitals to build their capacity in maternal and childcare hospitals.
- Cognizant Foundation (CF) has provided Electronic Foetal Monitoring Unit to Sassoon General Hospital, Pune. This advanced equipment has increased the capacity of the Gynaecology and Obstetrics department of this government hospital. This project aims to reduce maternal and infant morbidity rates. This high-end equipment checks the health of the foetus in pregnant women. Through this support, over 20,000 Outpatient pregnant women and over 9500 women who undergo delivery or caesarean will benefit every year. Sassoon General Hospital, Pune is a tertiary hospital run by the Government of Maharashtra. The hospital was established in 1869 and is spread over twenty-three acres. On average, the hospital caters to 2500 outpatients and 1100 inpatients every day.
- Cognizant Foundation has provided high-end medical equipment to equip the laparoscopic theatre for Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur, Kerala. This project has increased the capacity of the Gynaecology and Obstetrics department of the hospital to provide quality services to the underserved women patients. Through this support, over 250 patients will benefit daily. The Jubilee Mission Hospital is a charitable hospital that started in 1951 in Thrissur, Kerala. The hospital caters to the underprivileged patients in Thrissur, Palakkad and Malappuram districts of Kerala. It has been a referral center for complicated Gynaecology cases including Cancer surgeries for women. On average, the hospital caters to over 2000 outpatients and 1000 in-patients per day. Out of these, 70% are from poor socio-economic backgrounds.
- Cognizant Foundation has provided state-of-the-art critical care medical equipment to Voluntary Health Services (VHS), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This project aims to increase the capacity of the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of VHS to provide critical medical care and treatment to ill newborn babies. Voluntary Health Services (VHS) has established Neonatal services (both at delivery and in the NICU) and child health services (both outpatient and inpatient) in the year 2013. VHS, Chennai is a registered non-profit society and was founded in July 1958. VHS was conceptualized and started with the aim of providing quality medical services at affordable rates to the less privileged sections of society. VHS is a 465 bedded tertiary multi-specialty hospital offering modern medical care.
- Cognizant Foundation (CF) has provided state-of-the-art critical care medical equipment to Government Stanley Hospital, Chennai. This project is implemented in partnership with the Rotary Club of Madras East Trust (RCMET), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This project aims to support the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and the High Dependency Unit (HDU) of Government Stanley Hospital in Chennai. This project has increased the capacity of the PICU & HDU of Government Hospitals to provide critical healthcare services to ill newborn babies. Through this support, over 35 newborn babies in PICU and over 150 newborn babies in HDU from underserved sections of the society will benefit each month. Rotary Club of Madras East Trust (RCMET) is the charitable arm of the Rotary Club of Madras East. RCMET has recently helped to expand the Corporation Dialysis Centre in Nungambakkam. They have helped the Child Trust Hospital, Chennai to procure critical medical equipment and helped upgrade the ICU of Hindu Mission Hospital, Chennai.
- Cognizant Foundation has provided state-of-the-art critical care medical equipment to various Special Newborn Care Units (SNCUs) across Tamil Nadu. The project aims to support the SNCUs across the State to deliver critical medical care and treatment to ill newborn babies. This programme is implemented in partnership with EKAM Foundation, Chennai. The SNCUs are set up in Government Hospitals in Hosur, Thanjavur, Pudukottai and Mettur, Tamil Nadu. This programme has increased the capacity of these Government hospitals to provide timely healthcare services. It also aims to reduce infant morbidity rates in these areas. Through this support, over 4000 children from underserved sections of the society will benefit each year. Ekam Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that works towards providing quality healthcare. Ekam is a unique healthcare model, focusing on neonates and infants by seamlessly supplementing the public healthcare system. Ekam Foundation has been involved in the running of SNCUs since the year 2010, across Tamil Nadu. CF has supported Ekam Foundation in the years 2009 and 2014 to get critical medical equipment for use in the Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit of Institute of Child Health (ICH), Egmore, Chennai.