Promoting Women Health – Equipment Grants
The past decade has seen increasing awareness regarding the health needs of women in our society. Modernization and access to quality health facilities are increasingly being made available to women, even those from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds. Affordability is still a daunting barrier to access quality healthcare. Many families, particularly those with modest incomes, find it a challenge to finance their health care costs. Women’s health in particular takes a back seat compared to the needs of the rest of the family.
Cognizant Foundation, under its second flagship programme in healthcare – ‘promoting women and child health’ – has been striving to make quality healthcare accessible to a demographic that is often ignored. The Foundation has supporting reputed not-for-profit healthcare institutions with high-end medical equipment to offer quality health interventions for underprivileged women.
The following are some of the institutions the Foundation has supported over the years
- Aim for Seva Tribal Hospital, Anaikatti, Tamil Nadu
- Jubilee Mission Hospital, Thrissur, Kerala
- Kasturba Hospital, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu
- Family Planning Association of India (FPAI), Bellary, Karnataka
- Matri Bhavan, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Sabuj Sangha, Sunderbans, West Bengal
- Sassoon General Hospital, Pune, Maharashtra
- Shiva Shantha Mother & Child Health Center, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission, Attapadi, Kerala
- The Institute of Child Health, Kolkata, West Bengal